Using the Library
Tutoring Room Use Policy
The Tutoring Room at the Atlantic City Free Public Library is used by the Library for customized reference service and computer training. The Library will make the Tutoring Room available for free literacy, ESL and school tutoring, as well as social service consultations under the following conditions:
- Library programs have priority in scheduling the use of the room.
- The room must be reserved in advance at the Help Desk, and may be reserved in person or by telephone (609) 345-2269 ext. 3061. To reserve the room, please provide your name, the sponsoring agency, the purpose of the session, and telephone number.
- The room may be reserved for a maximum of one time each week for up to 2 hours.
- Sessions may be scheduled up to 4 weeks in advance.
- The room may be used by a maximum of 3 people at one time.
- The person reserving the room agrees to Indemnify and Hold Harmless the City of Atlantic City and the Atlantic City Free Public Library, their agents and employees from and against all claims, damages, losses and expenses arising out of the use of the Tutoring Room.
- To use the room, come to the Help Desk and show a driver’s license or other identification. A library staff member will unlock the door. Please inform the Help Desk when you leave the room.
- The room may not be used to conduct business. Organizations and individuals shall not be permitted to charge a fee, solicit donations, or sell any product service or item in this room or at any meeting or program held in the Library.
- All sessions must be held during regular library hours and end 15 minutes prior to the library closing time.
- You may bring a laptop computer for use in the room, but there is no Ethernet connection and wireless access to the Internet is not consistent. You must bring all needed supplies.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees December 2006.